Wednesday, June 4

Work Work Work.. and SATs

well. i am on my second day of work.
it was nice. i am getting used to it. :D
i work with this sweet girl, Brittney, who is going to college this year.
there is also this girl named Elisabeth, who is getting married in a month,
a 3 guys named Mark, Seth, and Scott.
there are 5 other people i have met so far,
my manager, Bobby, and the three older people, who watch over the kids and run the cash registers, Kelly, Mrs. Darlene and Pam.
i love Wills. its the coolest little place ever.
as soon as i go into work, the rest of the world fades out, and the shop is the world. there is nothing beyond the sidewalk outside. just me, my co-workers, lots of stuff, and some costumers.
i love wills. i am really glad i got a job there. :D
thye say im a prodigy, lol.
i blew up 5 balloons on my first day, and 24 on my second. i also answered the phone for the first time today. it took most of them, at least a couple weeks to even get to the balloon stage. i excel quickly. there is another new lady, i forget her name, but she had been working there a month, and she just answered the phone for the first time last week. I'm so proud of myself. *huggles*
lol
so i enjoy work alot.

SATs

well.. i have sats this weekend.
ANNND, i have decided that i WILL NOT care what my score is. i KNOW i will do badly on the math section. here is why..
i signed up for the SATs 2 months ago, and every morning, the SAT board e-mails you a daily SAT question. for the first month and a half, over 90% of those were Grammar and English problem. sentence definition and stuff. i got over 95% Right on those. (the rest of them, my mom tried and got wrong,) haha
but, about a half a month ago, they started sending me Math problems.. and now i have a 45% Right ratio. SCARRIES! i have not gotten more than three math problems right! i am so scared!
but, i am decided i will not get all hyped up about how badly i do. i will just have to try to prefect that next year at school, when thye give me SAT prep classes. a good bonus of going out for school.
but yeah. its scarry! i have them this Saturday morning, at 6am.
go figure, the only day i i get to sleep in, i have to go let my brains become mush for school. ugh.
just pray for me and stuff. not that i will do well, but just that i will make it. cuz i am not sure i will even be able to do that!

i am going to be suave and wear my PJs to the SATs. that is a trend right now. lol.


an Update,

here is my Etsy shoppe link: http://constantlyhoping.etsy.com

i have added some more bookworms. just to stay in stock, and will soon be adding rosaries made by my mom. Lots of Love to u all! *huggles*

emmy

2 comment(s):

Emmy,

That is wonderful that all is going so well at your new job!! That makes me happy to hear that you're really enjoying working there! You go girl!!

As for the SAT's...I bet you'll do marvelous! I know it has got to be quite overwhelming, so I'm sure it's stressful for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad to see you've got more of the cute BookWorms for sale! I'm looking forward to getting mine :) They are just SO cute!! Thanks for getting them sent out to me!

By Blogger Kathy, at June 4, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

Good job with the job! It sounds like such fun. I'm doing well at my new job, also! I decorated a cake today (it wasn't beautiful, but hey, it's what the lady gets fro wanting it very very last minute, usually people give us a few days) and I made 35 loaves of bread, 8 french breads, 48 muffins, 40 donuts, and 24 pies! It was my my second day working completely alone, and kind of scary! What are your hours like at your job? My day starts at 5am!

Good luck on the SATs. I didn't take the SAT, I took the ACT. All of the colleges around here don't require SAT, and I would have had to travel to take it. It's very small up here! The ACT wasn't horrible, and the scoring doesn't sound as scary - only goes to 32! My brother, sister, and I actually all got the same score, even with about 5 years between each test taken.

As soon as I get my first paycheck, I plan on buying one of your cute little guys, if you have any! They're way too cute to pass up. I might try to make something sometime, and maybe send you a sample!

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch too much, just been so busy with work. This week I worked 7 days straight at 5am! Well, tomorrow is day 6 in a row, Monday will be day 7.

Good luck with everything!

By Blogger kirsten marie, at June 7, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home